Monday, June 6, 2011

Ness Family Alaska

We have officially been in Alaska for a little over a week now, I feel like I could blog a few pages worth of stories...but here is a little bit of what is going on around here. We rented a house we had only seen pictures of on-line, to say the least Brian and I were trying to keep our expectations low...but we were pretty happy when we arrived at the house. It has lots of space, which is really important with our active bunch! Unless you are related to us these pics will probably not be too interesting...but here are a few shots of where we are living. Oh yea, these were taken at 10:30pm!!.


Love this porch! Brian is going to make some Adirondack chairs on his next set of days off to go out here...


View of street



Back of the house, there is lots of asphalt for the boys to ride there bikes on back here.


Basement kitchen...for anyone that wants to come and visit and explore Alaska, we set up the downstairs as a guest area.


View from the back of the house, off the deck.


Brian breaking in the garage...I am always impressed by his ability to take a car apart and put it back together again. I forget what he is working on here, but it has to do with the brakes and the power steering....


I think today felt like the first day since we got here that things were kind of normal, I was able to make some bread while the boys were "bug hunting" in the yard, I got the last of boxes mostly unpacked, some pictures on the walls...and have a park play date planned for Wednesday! Brian has to leave for Korea tomorrow night, so I am hoping to keep really busy while he is gone, that always seems to help the time go by. I have been posting most of the pictures from the trip on facebook, but hopefully I can get to blogging more regularly again!

3 comments:

Carolyn and John said...

It was great to see the pictures of the new home! (Glad to see the star made it and sits on your cabinets). I can imagine us sitting on your porch enjoying some Kodiak Brownies and ice cream. Let's say it is a dream rather than imagination and hoping it will really happen some day. Give the kids a big hug from us.
Love,
John and Carolyn

WAKonings said...

I love the house! Looks like SO much space to run around in! What a perfect place for you guys! Glad things were able to get set up while Brian was there! So glad God is providing for you guys!

PS The picture below of Sam in his new clothes is so funny! I can't believe he tolerated wearing them!!

The Simkins Family said...

Thanks for posting pics! Now I can picture what you're talking about when you're telling me stories. It looks beautiful. I am so impressed you're so 'settled'. Way to go on the park date for Wednesday too =)
Love ya!!!
Jess